WECHS RttT Professional Development
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World History Standards Question

2 posters

Go down

World History Standards Question Empty World History Standards Question

Post  jfullen Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:53 pm

So I thought the S.S. "Understanding the Standards" video said that the H.S. World History course would focus more on the 15th century to present, which would leave out ancient civilizations, Greece and Rome, the Renaissance, Middle Ages, etc.

But, when I looked at the support tool for the World History course, it mentioned ancient civilizations (essential standard 2) and referenced Greece, Rome, Middle Ages in how students will unpack other clarifying objectives.

Anyone have any thoughts or clarifications? Did I miss something?
jfullen
jfullen

Back to top Go down

World History Standards Question Empty Re: World History Standards Question

Post  micwilliams Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:18 pm

You are right. I went through the transcript and found it

High school still has a focus on the integration of skills and content, however, Civics and Economics is where Personal Financial Literacy has been included. United States History has Part I and Part II and in World History, the major focus of study is the mid 15th century to the present.

I am unsure about that, because WH2 does start with the analyzing ancient civilizations. Maybe, its foundational and the mid-15th is the focus and not necessarily the starting point.
IDK, bro.
micwilliams
micwilliams

Back to top Go down