WECHS RttT Professional Development
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are the CCR Standards? Why are they important?

3 posters

Go down

What are the CCR Standards? Why are they important? Empty What are the CCR Standards? Why are they important?

Post  EmilyRuth85 Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:05 pm

My understanding of the College and Career Readiness Standards are broad characteristics essential for students to succeed in college, work and life.
These include working well with others; being independent, critical thinkers; showing financial awareness and responsibility; reading and writing for a variety of purposes and on a variety of levels.

These standards are so important because when attained the students has gained character traits which will serve them in any realm of life. For real success, a person needs skills more than basic knowledge. If my student knows the plot of Things Fall Apart, but doesn't know how to independently read, take notes or analyze text, I have not served them for later in life.
EmilyRuth85
EmilyRuth85

Back to top Go down

What are the CCR Standards? Why are they important? Empty Re: What are the CCR Standards? Why are they important?

Post  etartanella Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:10 pm

I totally agree, Emily Ruth. The move away from rote memorization is really key. The more we address higher level thinking and reasoning, the more we serve our students.
etartanella
etartanella

Back to top Go down

What are the CCR Standards? Why are they important? Empty Measuring

Post  csebrell Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:13 pm

I'm wondering how the testing will change to reflect these new standards. It seems as if we need more portfolio assessment and less multiple choice. Yet how will that happen?
csebrell
csebrell

http://csebrell.weebly.com/

Back to top Go down

What are the CCR Standards? Why are they important? Empty Re: What are the CCR Standards? Why are they important?

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down