WECHS RttT Professional Development
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Integrated Math in Common Core

4 posters

Go down

Integrated Math in Common Core Empty Integrated Math in Common Core

Post  mmullinix Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:09 pm

I am extremely concerned with the new Integrated Math in the common core because the crosswalks and unpacking the standards are not visible for Integrated Maths. I wonder if our system may eventually switch to other math classes or if we will stay Integrated. I think it would be wonderful if New Tech and Early College were on the same page so that way we could collaborate more. What do you guys think?
mmullinix
mmullinix

Back to top Go down

Integrated Math in Common Core Empty Re: Integrated Math in Common Core

Post  Grebing_wechs Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:14 pm

I completely agree that both schools would benefit from a united approach. The biggest obstacle that I see at this point is that we do not know what the Math I, II, III, and IV standards will be for Common Core.

Grebing_wechs

Back to top Go down

Integrated Math in Common Core Empty Integrated Math

Post  drivera Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:24 pm

I was able to find the crosswalks for Integrated Math I - III on DPI's website. It's my understanding that "integrated" math will be the common core method. Having said that, I would assume in the long run - all high school math will eventually be migrated into "Integrated Math 1 - 4".

Looking at the Integrated Math II crosswalks, I find it reassuring to know specific examples and clearer directions are provided. Up until now, this was not the case for any Integrated Math course. DPI only offered a "draft" that was very hard to locate on the website.

drivera

Back to top Go down

Post  mmullinix Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:28 pm

This is great to see now. I know it wasn't available yet at the first workshop and they were going to try to make it available for us at a later date. I do believe though that all schools will eventually go to an Integrated approach. The question is just when that will happen.
mmullinix
mmullinix

Back to top Go down

Post  Grebing_wechs Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:28 pm

It is my understanding as well that the Common Core classes will most closely mirror the current Integrated Math standards. Do you all have any insight as to how closely the sequence of all of high school math will follow the current standards that New Tech is using?

Grebing_wechs

Back to top Go down

Post  cwessel Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:39 pm

I am wondering whether or not we will be staying with Integrated Math and 'integrating' the rest of the state or whether we will all be going to the traditional track so that it will be consistent.

cwessel

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down